Date(s) - 14 Feb 2013
9:45 AM - 4:00 PM
This training will equip participants with an understanding of the issues for women experiencing violence from men they know. The day will give attendees an appreciation of the barriers faced by women seeking help to leave an abusive relationship. The training will enable participants to:
• Define the different types of abuse.
• Understand the pressures on women to stay in violent relationships and what might prevent them from seeking and securing the help they need.
• Explore the additional issues for women from marginalised groups.
• Examine the responsibility for violence using the power and control model.
• Address the impact on children witnessing and experiencing domestic abuse.
The day is aimed at staff in any agency who may be called upon to support, advise, treat, or otherwise assist a woman experiencing violence from a man she knows.
Tender can always respond to individual training needs of organisations and develop tailor made packages of training; we provide on-site consulting for agencies and organisations. To find out more please contact Dorota Small on 020 7431 7227 or email email@example.com
To request a booking form or some more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org