Access training on tackling sexism from UK Feminista.
UK Feminista supports schools to take a whole school approach to tackling sexism – including sexual harassment, sexist language and gender stereotyping. We offer Continuing Professional Development training and Initial Teacher Training to equip teachers with the skills, knowledge and confidence to tackle sexism.
UK Feminista offers half-day, full-day or twilight teacher training sessions. These are delivered in schools and in conjunction with local authorities and Initial Teacher Training providers. Training can be tailored to suit the school/organisation’s needs, and follow-up consultation is available.
Core teacher training objectives include:
- Know how to meet Ofsted and legal requirements to tackle sexism and sexual harassment.
- Develop a whole school approach to tackling sexism.
- Understand the scale and impact of sexism – including sexual harassment – on students and teachers.
- Acquire the tools and confidence to challenge sexist language and gender stereotyping.
- Implement an effective, zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment.
To request training, or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“A timely and informative session that led to valuable and challenging discussion both on the day itself and beyond. Resources were used well to support the training which was well suited to meet the particular needs in our school’s context. I would recommend this thought provoking INSET to all teachers.”
– Sutton Grammar School training feedback