How we can support local authorities and multi-academy trusts to tackle sexism
UK Feminista is a leading voice on tackling sexism in schools and colleges. Our resources were recommended to teachers by Ofsted in 2021. In 2017, we collaborated with the National Education Union to carry out research into the problem, finding that sexual harassment, sexist language and gender stereotyping are commonplace in schools across the country. The findings of the research can be found in the It’s Just Everywhere report. Following the launch of this research, UK Feminista has been providing training and resources to schools and colleges to support them to combat sexism.
UK Feminista also provides consultative, intensive and long-term support to schools and colleges who are committed to fulfilling their obligations to reduce sexism and sexual harassment, to support them to take a ‘whole school approach’. We have supported a range of school types, including primary schools, secondary schools, alternative provision settings and further education colleges.
A whole school approach and preventative action to tackling sexual harassment are recommended by Ofsted and the Department for Education.
UK Feminista offers a range of packages to enable a local education authority or multi-academy trust to ensure that one or a number of schools that they control can receive expert, holistic and comprehensive advice and guidance to take a whole school approach to combating sexism.
Every package includes:
- Live staff training session (online or in-person)
- Live training session for governors (online or in-person)
- Access to a catch-up live online staff training session for new staff and those who missed the first session
- Regular support and guidance meetings with our expert team over the course of a year (either academic or calendar, according to the institution’s needs)
- Access to all of UK Feminista’s resources for schools and colleges including staff and student surveys and action plan templates
- Access to our teacher training videos
- Access to our video for parents and guardians and guidance on how to engage them as part of the whole school approach
To enquire about our support packages on tackling sexism in schools and colleges, please email email@example.com.