Online teacher training
Free online training course on tackling sexism in schools for teachers and trainee teachers.
UK Feminista’s unique, online training course equips teachers and trainee teachers with the knowledge, tools and confidence to challenge sexism and sexual harassment in the classroom.
Duration: 90 minutes – The course provides flexibility, allowing teachers to complete the training all in one go, or over a series of sessions.
What does the course cover?
In this course, teachers will learn:
- practical tools for preventing sexual harassment, sexist language and gender stereotyping in the classroom
- how schools can take a strategic, ‘whole school’ approach to tackling sexism
- what impact sexism has in schools and society
How to use the online teacher training course:
To access the online teacher training course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only one staff member from each school needs to request access to the online teacher training course, then the training link can be shared with all staff at the school.
Feedback from users
100% of participants found the training useful.
99% of participants now feel more confident about how to tackle sexism in the classroom.
99% of participants would recommend this training to other teachers.
– Participants who completed the training between April and July 2020.
“Written in 3 x 30 minute modules, with numerous downloadable resources, this free training on sexism in schools is not only easily accessible and well researched but thought provoking and provides concrete strategies and ideas for trainees. I would thoroughly recommend it as a tool for ITT providers to use.”
– Eluned Pickup, Senior teaching fellow, PGCE programme – University of Southampton